Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Paperwork day

We've got another long day ahead at the Civil Affairs bldg - registration, notary, & passort application is what's listed on our itinerary. Mali's bag is packed, she's still sleeping . . . going on 12 hrs now =) I hope she always sleeps this well! We have been up since 4:30 am. I know I was up b/c we crashed so early last night, I just don't require more than 7 or 8 hrs.

Everytime Mali turns or rolls over at night, she kicks her foot. It's adorable. At one point last night I woke up to find her sideways in the crib, both legs hanging out the rails, kicking my bed. Her pics from the orphanage show that she slept in a toddler bed. Thank goodness b/c I never bought a crib for home. She really is almost as long as this little crib they gave us at the hotel. Her 18 month PJ's (that we thought would be ok if they were too big) fit her perfectly. I'm sure they won't fit for much longer.

I might have to wake her up so we can get ready to go. She needs a bath after last night's festivities . . .

We've been invited to visit the Bao'an SWI (her orphanage) in Shenzhen tomorrow - I hope they let me take pics.

More later!

5 Comments:

Blogger -M said...

Pictures, woman! Pictures!! ;)

Glad to hear you guys are doing ok...she is SO cute.

Maryann

5:10 PM  
Blogger ~ Mission Mali ~ said...

Haha - Thanks! If she ever decides to wake up today, we'll get more . . .

5:17 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Yes, I must agree, I NEED pics of that beautiful baby!!!

Tiffany

8:26 PM  
Anonymous michelle said...

I know that telling you that your world will never be the same is something that you have already found out!! Glad to see that things are going well! Please keep up with the pictures - you can already see the happiness!! :-)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Stephanie V said...

I keep looking at the picture of you smiling with her on your lap. Tears, I have tears in my eyes!

And yeah! We want to see bath pictures!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home